As per the ‘Care and Maintenance’ page in your child restraints instruction manual; if your buckle does not make an audible ‘CLICK’ sound when it locks in place or is difficult to release, there may be some form of matter, dust or food caught inside making the buckle difficult to release.
The buckle requires to be cleaned on a regular basis to help release any matter in the buckle.
- Place the buckle unit under running water (40 degrees Celsius). Let the water flow through the mouth of the buckle for one minute.
- Simultaneously latch and unlatch the tongues into the buckle several times until a strong audible click is heard.
- If you still cannot hear a strong audible click after latching the buckle several times. Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- DO NOT oil any part of the buckle.
- Allow buckle to dry.
- Refit crotch buckle ensuring RED button is facing out.
Should this problem persist, please reach out to our Customer Service team on 1300 809 526 for further assistance.
Please follow this link to locate your Maxi Cosi child restraint Instruction Manual